Thieves search vehicles for cash, credit cards, cheque books, sunglasses, sat nav systems, mobile phones, iPods, laptop computers, sports equipment, clothing and anything else of value left in a vehicle.
To Reduce the Risk
- Always take your keys with you when you leave your vehicle
- Always lock your vehicle when you leave it and activate your vehicle burglar alarm if one is fitted
- Close all the windows including the sunroof
- Park in well lit areas
- Try and not leave valuables in your car Make sure they are out of sight if you do have them in your car but remember that hiding them is not as safe as removing them
- Don’t leave documents with personal information or keys to your house/business/boat etc in your vehicle